Doorstead (DRE# 02089344) is pioneering a new class of risk-free property management (i.e. iRenting) that allows landlords to get a rental offer within hours. This upfront guarantee regardless of occupancy (e.g.: $5,500/mo starting in 28 days) is disrupting the property management industry with big data and technology operations. The company uses modern data science to efficiently model risk alongside operations technology that enables consistent high-quality service at scale. Doorstead eliminates vacancy risk, makes the market more efficient and gives property owners true peace of mind.
Property management is an industry bogged down by inefficient processes and misaligned incentives that create a poor service experience for owners (NPS 8). Today, technology is decoupled from operational processes, such as scheduling showings, back-and-forth communication and managing repairs. Additionally, property managers overpromise on rental prices to get people to sign and have no consequence for slow tenant placement, while owners have months of vacancy and lost income. These inefficiencies lead property-management incumbents (NPS 8) to have a 43-day vacancy average, much of which is unnecessary. This leads to an $86 billion annual economic waste in the U.S. alone.
The Homes Team Associate role will be focused on getting properties ready for listing and handle any maintenance repair requests. We’re looking for an associate with construction experience, a passion for real estate, strong organizational skills, process-oriented thinking, and a desire to join a fast-paced high-growth startup.
- Project-manage property repairs and maintenance
- Ensure the property repairs lifecycle for each property from beginning to end is always on schedule
- Oversee efficiency and proper completion of each maintenance request lifecycle
- Provide exceptional client support
- Deliver timely, professional responses to owners for repair inquiries via phone and/or email
- Build maintenance vendor network
- Vet, onboard and develop partnership with maintenance vendors to grow reliable network
- Standardize expectations on quality of work and repairs pricing
- Create efficient processes for the Homes Team
- Plan and implement streamlined processes, such as how to track recurring daily operational tasks
- Minimum of 1-3 years of construction experience
- Growth-mindset and passion for continuously improving, highly coachable with ability to self-reflect, internalize, and apply feedback
- Quick learner with ability to adapt and take initiative in a high-level in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Comfortable using online platforms such as Zendesk and Salesforce, and fluent in CRM and pipeline management
- Ability to think critically about how our team can continually improve scalable processes
- Positive attitude, delivers on commitments, and enjoys working with a close-knit team
- Strong desire to take ownership, build long-term relationships, and help us become a national brand
- Vendor management experience
- Passion for property management and real estate