Doorstead (DRE# 02089344) is here to address these pain points and more which have long been considered “unfixable” by property owners. Doorstead is a full-service, digitally-driven property management company that puts both the owner and tenant customers at the center of what they do. For owners, the company eliminates uncertainty by guaranteeing market rents and putting a cap on vacancy before they find a tenant. This upfront guarantee gives owners peace of mind while aligning the incentives of the owner and manager. We invested early in building local data sets and machine learning models, leveraging tens of attributes for a given home to predict market-clearing rents that minimize vacancy while maximizing owner cash flow.
In less than 2 years of operations, we’ve booked 8-figure gross rents, indexed rental prices for over 10MM properties, and raised $17M+ from the investors who backed Redfin with participation from executives at Opendoor and Uber. We believe that without the smart, hard-working individuals that make up our winning team, we would not be where it is today. We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reimagine an entire industry and create the right way for today.
There are 20 million single-family residences (SFRs) in the United States, more than 19 million of which are owned by 15.5 million “very small investors,” individuals or families who own one or two units. For these rental property owners, there is little in the way of data or technology to help them understand the market rental rates for their property, find and market to the highest quality prospective tenants, and manage the ongoing maintenance of their rental units with minimal headache. Pain points like these are why more than a third of all SFR owners turn to property managers for help.
Full-service property management for SFRs is a hyper-local and highly fragmented business. And just like the owners, property managers have little in the way of data, tools, and automated processes to enable them to scale and work smartly. Further, there is a misalignment of incentives between traditional property managers and the owners they represent – managers can promise a high rental rate to win the business, but do so without consequence if they secure a lower rate. They pitch fast leasing timeframes but have no skin in the game when vacancies stretch from weeks to months. Missteps on both of these fronts come at a high cost; they often are the difference between a homeowner making or losing money on their rental property each year.
The Homes Team Project Manager role will be focused on getting properties ready for listing. We’re looking for an experienced manager with residential renovation experience, a passion for real estate, strong organizational skills, process-oriented thinking, and a desire to join a fast-paced high-growth startup. This role is fully remote.
- Project-manage property repairs and maintenance
- Ensure the property repairs lifecycle for each property from beginning to end is always on schedule
- Oversee efficiency and proper completion of each maintenance request lifecycle
- Provide exceptional client support
- Deliver timely, professional responses to owners for repair inquiries via phone and/or email
- Build maintenance vendor network
- Vet, onboard, and develop partnerships with maintenance vendors to grow the reliable network
- Standardize expectations on quality of work and repairs pricing
- Create efficient processes for the Homes Team
- Plan and implement streamlined processes, such as how to track recurring daily operational tasks
- Lead a team of associates
- Ensure associates have the technical and professional support needed to operate efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of residential renovation and/or construction experience and a minimum of 1-3 years of customer service experience
- Growth mindset and passion for continuously improving.
- Highly coachable with the ability to self-reflect, internalize, and apply feedback
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt and take initiative at a high level in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Strong aptitude to provide concise and consistent communications and top-level customer service for our property owners
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time in a remote work environment
- Comfortable using online platforms such as Zendesk and Salesforce, and fluent in CRM and pipeline management
- Ability to think critically about how our team can continually improve scalable processes
- Positive attitude, delivers on commitments, and enjoys working with a close-knit team
- Strong desire to take ownership, build long-term relationships, and help us become a national brand
- Weekend availability when needed
- Vendor management experience
- Passion for property management and real estate